Wednesday, March 18, 2009

003 - Tribute // Nora Roberts

I have a confession to make. I have a slight romance novel addiction. Which is strange considering I spend most of my time mentally planning for a zombie-Apocalypse. I like to think that I have range. But since I've been cultivating this romance novel addiction since my mid-teens, I have also developed a love for Nora Roberts , the most prolific romance novelist in modern times--and quite possibly of all time (I'm not sure...I don't do research well).

So, long story short, when my friend with the bookstore offered me a copy of one of Nora's newest titles, Tribute, I wasn't about to say no. And, like most of her novels, I enjoyed it. It was less of a romance--though that is always present in her stories--and more of a cross between a renovation show on HGTV and a classic film. Halfway though I got the overwhelming urge to watch old movies--which I did...which is partly why this book took me more than a day. I'll have to make up for it later.

It features Cilla, the granddaughter of a classic Hollywood movie star who scandalously committed suicide before Cilla was even born. Cilla, a former child star, has filled her life with her new career--flipping houses--and her goal to rejuvenate her grandmother's old country home with new life. Her love interest is her new neighbor Ford, a graphic novelist and all around lovable nerd. I loved the dynamic between the two of them--she was the one wielding the power tools while he was the one mending her shattered outlook on life. It was very sweet.

It took a little while to get in to, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Three and a half out of Five stars

No comments:

Post a Comment